Fall 2019 Deadline Reminders and Course Updates
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 11:59 pm
Writing samples for all fall creative writing courses, except for ENGL BC3208, are due . Submit your writing sample via the Writing Sample Application Form for Barnard Creative Writing Courses.
- Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 11:59 pm
Writing samples for ENGL BC3208 What's Your Story Anyway? - Trauma Resistance through Creative Writing are due. Submit your writing sample via this Writing Sample Application Form for ENGL BC3208, following all listed instructions.
- Thursday, September 12, 2019, 3:00 pm
- Creative writing concentrators who are writing their senior project must contact Nia Judelson in order to get permission to register for ENGL BC3996 Creative Writing Special Project.
- All other Special Project and Independent Study application forms must be completed, signed, and turned in Sarah Pasadino in the English Department Office (not the Office of the Registrar).
- Friday, November 22, 2019, 11:59 pm
Applications to apply to the creative writing concentration are due. Interested English majors must be in the second semester of their junior year to apply. Applications must consist of 15-20 pages of prose (including fiction, personal narrative, creative non-fiction or playwriting) and/or poetry writing. Submit your application via the Creative Writing Concentration Application Form.
- The English Conference will not be offered in the fall 2019 semester. The next projected English Conference will be in spring 2020.
- ENGL BC3141 Major English Texts now requires an application.
- The full list of fall 2019 courses requiring special enrollment procedures is now live.
- By a unanimous vote of 16-0, the voting members of the English department passed a resolution allowing ENGL BC3101 The Writer's Process and ENGL BC3123 Rhetorical Choices: the Theory and Practice of Public Speaking to now count as electives for the English major.